Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Different Life

Greetings everyone! I am back from the beyond, although considerably different from the last time i was here. I'm a father now, and that has made life incredibly different (and 'incredible' as well!). My daughter Chloe Lynn was born 10.9.10. Due date was 10.10.10; wouldn't you know it, she's as punctual as my wife is and showed up a few hours early.

She's healthy...10 fingers and toes...a little peanut really, was born 6 lbs, 15 oz. She's now six weeks old and about 7 and a half pounds.


I must admit, at 43...i began to wonder if i'd ever be a father. Well, here i am...someone's DAD. I truly find the whole thing amazing. Even here in the first few weeks of watching her grow...watching her eyes open...then one day focus...now, she seems so alert to her surroundings; it's like she's a sponge and just soaking everything up!

I don't even mind the late night feedings and the loss of sleep. It's worth every moment. I hope I'll be a good father; I have a number of wonderful examples in my life...my own father, my many friends who are fathers (Easy, your name is top of the list...Guv'na, yours too, of course).

My priorities are different now; granted, that's to be expected. But i was surprised at how easily those priorities changed. There are no complaints on my end that i can't go, 'hang out with the boys' right now...and that i have to be much more responsible with what i do, how i drive, even with my health (yes, i want to be here as long as possible for this little girl).
I'll keep you all updated on the progress here as often as i can. Let's see if we can also encourage the other editors of this blog to take a few minutes and replug into the little bit of the world that we share here at The Stroke.
Cool Hand

No comments: