Tuesday, May 15, 2012

testing 1, 2, 3

The major assumption in blogging that what we write, or what anyone writes, matters.  In other words, what I have to say has some value to me or to someone else.  This is a huge assumption since, anymore, I find little value in what most people have to say most of the time.  That is, I am  finding that I care less and less about things.  What I am saying is more about a reaction to things rather than simply an overall outlook toward the world.  For me, it's really about remaining calm and rational in the face of people and things....issues.... that I find annoying, which in my increasingly technocratic/bureaucratic work life, is a lot of people and most things.

My buddy Joe often wonders if there is a pill out there that we could take to sooth this process.  Scotch can work for this, but you can't have scotch all the time, they say it leads to a variety of problems. 

So regarding whether or not this matters to anyone, I guess I don't care about that either.  And this is the whole point of the blog-os-fear, we shouldn't care how we are received, I guess what matters is that we get it out. So, I guess one of my mottos is, who cares.

Last night my buddy Jason and I were drinking Eagle's Rare bourbon, which I highly recommend, and we were saying that our goal anymore when we interest with people is to say something positive - to be positive about something.  We feel there is a culture of negativity right now, I was telling him about this woman who rags on people endlessly, and not only does she rag on adults, she gets down on kids.  It's amazing to me.  She's the type who, if you gave her 1 billion dollars, she would find something to bitch about, something negative in it, freaking unreal.

I have two teenage children and an 11 year old and we pass this ethic along to them because we find a lot of negativity among young people as well.  Really terrible culture of trashing people.  Oh please don't get me wrong, I will engage in some Dennis Miller meets George Carlin-style ranting here, but this is my general outlook, at least these days.

So, to summarize, blogging is self therapy, I can't afford real therapy.  Who cares what anyone thinks of this?


1 comment:

~Shoes~ said...

It is what it is!