Saturday, August 4, 2012

Far too long, or "An Eventful Summer"

Since being on an apparent and unscheduled sabbatical from writing, I currently have a few minutes to scribe some recent events.

First: Summer.
     My in-laws live in northern Michigan, about 15 miles south of the Mackinac Bridge. My wife (who's a stay-at-home mom) had the brilliant idea to take the kids and visit her folks for the WHOLE OF JULY. Luckily, I work in a flexible environment at work and was allowed to use some personal time to get every Thursday and Friday off in July. Yep, I worked only Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays (yes, I'm employing the use of the Oxford comma now) every week in July and spent the rest of my time in the northern Lower Peninsula. Adventures included daytrips to Grand Marais on the southern shore of Lake Superior, trips into the Upper Peninsula to check out the kitschiest of kitschy roadside attractions and days spent lounging on the small beach behind my in-folks' (new word!)place on Douglas Lake.

Second:
     I've become complacent which means I've put on a few extra pounds. Wife and I are starting a rocking diet on Monday in which, if done right, results can - and have - included the loss of 50 lbs. in as short as 3 months. I'll post my progress once I start seeing results. Posts will include quantifying details so everything can be put into context.


Until then...

- TBE

P.S. Starting this fall, I'll be writing under a second pen name. While writing about all things mens' fashion, I'll be assuming the pseudonym Harris Tweed. Just a head's-up. Everything else by me will be written under The Big Easy.

2 comments:

~Shoes~ said...

Nice work Easy! Good Post!

The Big Easy said...

Thought you'd like it, CH. I'm gonna be writing more in the coming weeks/months. I think I've got some good material to write more than a few good posts.